Northwestern Illinois Crop Science Field Day July 17
Illinois Ag Connection - 07/12/2019
The Northwestern Illinois Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center will host a field day July 17. University of Illinois Department of Crop Sciences faculty, researchers, students, and Extension specialists will address issues pertinent to the 2019 growing
The program will begin 8 a.m. and is open to the public at no cost. Refreshments and BBQ sandwiches will be available at the conclusion of the tour.
Weather permitting, presentations will take place outside next to research plots. Participants will board buses to tour portions of the farm.
The 2019 field day topics and presenters are as follows:
- Sizing up the 2019 corn and soybean crops - Emerson Nafziger
- Insect management in corn and soybean -- Nick Seiter
- Updates in applied disease management in Illinois -- Nathan Kleczewski
- 2019 weed management update -- Doug Maxwell and Charlie Mitsdarfer
- Overview of industrial hemp production in Illinois -- Phillip Alberti
Certified Crop Advisors may earn two continuing education units. (1.0 -- CM, 1.5 -- IPM)
The 320-acre Northwestern Illinois Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center is part of University of Illinois Extension, within the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois. Established in 1980, the Center
is located 1 mile north and 4 miles west of Monmouth at 321 210th Avenue. Each year, more than 40 research projects are conducted by campus-based project leaders and the center superintendent.